Information and guidance about the financial administration of the DD Council Basic Grant Award is provided to assist DD Councils with routine financial planning, management, and operations. For state specific questions, DD Councils may need to contact their DSA fiscal people for additional information. If you have questions or need additional information please contact NACDD/ITACC TA staff to assist.
Most requested fiscal resources
Financial Guide for Councils, revised 2020 – This updated resource is a reference tool and guide for fiscal managers, executive directors and others responsible for the administration and financial management of federal allotments to State Councils on Developmental Disabilities. Sections of the guide include: Grant Information; Fiscal Responsibilities of the DD Council; Federal Financial Forms; Grant Match Requirements; and Special Resources.
State Allocation Tables for DD Councils – The Administration for Community Living (ACL) provides current, past, and projected allotment amounts for each state’s Federal grant funds provided under the DD Act.
Topic specific resources (alphabetical order)
ACL Resources: Cost Principles, Monitoring, DSA relationship
- Utilizing ACL Resources to support DD Council Programs
- Full slide versionEverything Counts: Cost principles, administrative and state plan costs AND Recipient share and Match: Requirements, Calculations, and Documentation
- Full slide viewMonitoring the Council’s Investments
- Full slide versionThe Council and DSA Partnership, Enhancing Communication to Ensure Fiscal Accountability
- Full slide version
Administration on Disability (AOD)/Office of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (OIDD)
- Addendum: Update and Clarification on Previous Grant Flexibilities Guidance Issued on April 28, 2020 Update document
- Cost principles, 45 CFR 75: Subpart E
- Financial Guide, pages 14 and 15
Administrative cost rates with College/University sub-recipients
- ACL-AIDD Memo on Negotiating Indirect Cost Rate with College/University Sub-grantees. View memo>
- 45 CFR 75, Subpart E; General Provisions for Selected Items of Cost €75.420
- HHS Grants Policy Statement, Part II – Cost Considerations: II-24
- Everything Counts: Cost principles, administrative and state plan costs AND Recipient share and Match: Requirements, Calculations, and Documentation
Full slide view
Council member training on responsibilities related to the budget
- Council Budget Process – This information provides useful information to assist Council members and staff in understanding the budget process for a DD Council and can be used as a training tool for members.
Designated State Agency
- The Council and DSA
Partnership, Enhancing Communication to Ensure Fiscal Accountability
Full slide version
- Reimbursement of Expenses for Functions of the Designated State Agency (DSA) -This document was created by ITACC to provide general and DD Act specific guidance to DD Councils for the reimbursement of expenses for functions of the DSA.
Federal Financial Reports (SF-425) and match requirements
- Program Support Center (PSC) Guide for completing the Federal Financial Report (SF-425) October 2019
- ACL Federal Financial Reports (SF-425) and Match Requirements for DD Councils. This information was developed by the ACL Office of Grants Management and includes guidance to complete the SF-425’s, match requirements for DD Councils, and obligation and liquidation information. Webinar recording>
- AIDD Memo on Financial Status Reports, December 3, 2015 (SF-425)– In the past, Councils were required to submit the ADD-02b form in OLDC. The clearance for this form has now expired and this form will no longer need to be completed. Councils will now be required to submit the SF-425 financial status form only.
Notice of Award
- “Furthering Your Understanding of the Notice of Award”. This information was provided by the ACL Office of Grants Management and includes information on period of performance, liquidation period, recipient share and match.Webinar recording
- AIDD-IM-19-01: Administrative Requirements of Federal Grant Funds pertaining to Obligation, Liquidation, and Date of Completion
- AIDD-PI-19-01: Liquidation waiver process, eligibility, and instructions for unliquidated obligations at the end of the liquidation period for State Councils on Developmental Disabilities (DD Councils or SCDD) and Protection & Advocacy (P&A) grant awards
- FAQs Obligation Liquidation
- AIDD Information Memorandum, Formula Grants Issued 7/28/15 – The existing formula for the Councils and P&As in Section 1385.8 of the new DD Act rule has been removed from the regulation. This document explains that for FY 2016, AIDD will use the existing formula to determine awards based on Congressional appropriations in accordance with the DD Act[SM1]
- Update and Clarification on Previous Grant Flexibilities Guidance Issued on April 28, 2020 – Update document
Regulations and Policy
- 45 CFR 1326 – Regulations for Formula Grants Programs for the Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- 45 CFR 75 – Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Health and Human Services (HHS) Awards.
- HHS Grants Policy Statement. This document is referenced in the Council Notice of Award. Part II contains additional terms and conditions applicable to the Council award.
Urban and Rural Poverty Areas
- Urban and Rural Poverty Areas, revised 2018 – This document was created by ITACC to provide step-by-step information on how to locate State/County specific information on poverty percentages.