Click on each arrow to view the information
Who can request services?
DD Council Members
DD Council Staff
DD Council Executive Directors
What services are available?
2022 Technical Assistance Services
The goal of training and technical assistance activities is to help DD Councils:
1) Be positioned as known leaders, sought out topical experts and catalysts of systems change, capapcity building and advocacy at the national, state/territory, and local levels.
2) Effectively demonstrate and communicate the impact of their efforts on the lives of people with developmental disabilities; both as individual Councils and collectively as a network.
3) Work towards goals of people with developmental disabilities lead independent, self-determined, productive, integrated, and inclusive lives.
In coordination with ACL’s Office of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (OIDD), the ITACC works with State and Territory DD Council programs to identify promising practices, support emerging practices among Councils, and provide technical assistance. The ITACC provides services in three areas: General, Targeted, and Intensive.
TA Institute, Webinars, TA News Brief, FAQ’s from the Field, Listserv, Website, Special Reports, TA Briefs.
Peer-to-Peer calls, SME Knowledge Exchange opportunities, iChairperson/Member Leader leadership training, New ED Orientation.
Individualized TA Plan, OIDD Corrective Action plans
TA Service details
The ITACChelp.org website includes resources, instructions, guidance, webinar recordings, training curricula, and other relevant information.
The ITACC Listserv is an email forum for Council staff, members, and ACL staff. The purpose of the listserv is to provide a way for quick communication about training and funding opportunities, news and developments in the field of DD, and a way to share information about how to improve the effectiveness of the Council programs. Subscribers can ask questions and seek input from other DD Network subscribers on ways to improve their programs.
Webinars are offered throughout the year on reporting and other “hot topics” in developmental disabilities.
TA Briefs contain information on topics related to Council program operation and compliance.
The ITACC Rapid Response service is for Council staff and members to get answers to their questions quickly through email or a phone call.
Peer-to-Peer (P2P) Calls are topic specific calls held among DD Council staff.
Targeted, Individualized TA efforts is available to Councils on policy, practice, and administrative issues.
Below are some examples of requests we have received from Councils:
1) Training and education for the new Executive Committee.
2) Enhanced joint training and education for the Executive Committee and key Designated State Agency people.
3) Council committee training on policies and laws to support allowable activities for a public policy agenda.
5) Training and education for Council staff on basic fiscal topics.
Contact us for training and technical assistance needs or information.
Sheryl R. Matney, Director (firstname.lastname@example.org); Angela Castillo-Epps, TA Specialist (email@example.com);
Robin Troutman, NACDD, Deputy Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
What is the cost?
Technical Assistance services are free of charge to all 56 DD Councils. If a DD Council is requesting services through a TA Plan, the Administration on Developmental Disabilities is interested in knowing what, if any, costs the DD Council will cover as part of the request.
Can my DD Council request money to help with DD Council projects, speakers/facilitators?
No, training and technical assistance funds are not available for this purpose.
Who selects the person (s) to assist the DD Council with their request?
A DD Council may choose contract staff or other individual (s) to assist them with their TA needs.
Are technical assistance services limited?
No. If a DD Council has a need, please contact ITACC staff! We are here to help all DD Councils!