CDC Funds to Expand COVID-19 Vaccine Access No Cost Extension request DUE
Dear DD Council Executive Directors:
ACL has been authorized to offer a one-time, no-cost extension (NCE) to DD Councils that are recipients of CDC funds to Expand COVID-19 Vaccine Access for People with Disabilities. The grant number is identified as “2101xxSCC5” where “xx” is your state code. This extension would be till 9/30/2023. If DD Councils would like to request this extension, there would be additional reporting required, including both the Federal Financial Report (FFR) and Program Performance Report (PPR).
1st annual FFR: Due 6/30/2022 AND
Final FFR without NCE: Due 1/31/2023 (120 days after the initial project end date of 9/30/2022)
2nd annual FFR with NCE: Due 6/30/2023 AND
Final FFR with NCE: Due 1/31/2024 (120 days after the new project end date of 9/30/2023)
CDC grant PPR: Due 12/31/2022 AND
CDC grant PPR with NCE: Due 12/31/2023
To request an NCE, please develop and send a written justification to reflect your proposed plans to use the remaining funds during the extension. In summary, your justification must be on official letterhead and must include the following pertinent information:
- The CDC grant award number(s) for which an extension is being requested
- Need to extend the grant:
- Explain why the project will not be completed by the Project End date
- Types of challenges encountered which caused the need to extend the grant
- Unfinished activities:
- Identify unfinished activities to date; and
- Provide a work plan including a timeline of how these activities will be accomplished by the new proposed end date (12 months)
- Unobligated funds
- Estimate the amount of unobligated funds remaining in the grant; and
- Briefly describe how these funds will be spent during the extended period
- Please keep in mind, NCE requests will not be approved for the sole purpose of using unobligated balances.
The deadline to submit this justification is July 15, 2022.
If your agency is seeking a NCE for this award, please submit a letter signed by your authorized representative to your OIDD Project Officer providing a justification for our review and approval. Please note that this letter for requesting no cost extension with CDC funds must be a separate letter from a no cost extension request for FY 2021 DD Council funds.
On behalf of our OIDD team, we wish you a nice weekend as we near the official start of summer.
ACL is an operating division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.