FY 2021 No Cost Extension Request DUE
July 15 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Dear DD Council Executive Directors,
The performance of period for State Councils on Developmental Disabilities grants the Administration for Community Living (ACL) issued for FFY 2021 will expire on September 30, 2022. ACL is offering DD Councils an option to request a No Cost Extension (NCE) for this expiring (FFY 2021) grant in response to the continued public health emergency in combatting COVID-19. ACL defines a NCE as an extension of time to a project period and/or budget period to complete the work of the grant under that period, without additional Federal funds.
To request an NCE, please develop and send a written justification to reflect your proposed plans to use the remaining funds during the extension. In summary, your justification must be on official letterhead and must include the following pertinent information:
- The Grant award number(s) for which an extension is being requested:
- 2101XXSCC5 (insert your state’s grant number) and/or
- Need to extend the grant:
- Explain why the project will not be completed by the Project End date;
- Types of challenges encountered which caused the need to extend the grant
- Unfinished activities:
- Identify unfinished activities to date; and
- Provide a work plan including a timeline of how these activities will be accomplished by the new proposed end date (12 months)
- Unobligated funds
- Estimate the amount of unobligated funds remaining in the grant; and
- Briefly describe how these funds will be spent during the extended period
- Please keep in mind, NCE requests will not be approved for the sole purpose of using unobligated balances.
If your agency is seeking a NCE for this award, please submit a letter signed by your authorized representative to your OIDD Project Officer providing a justification for our review and approval. The deadline to submit this justification is July 15, 2022.