Information and guidance about the financial administration of the DD Council Basic Grant Award is designed to assist DD Councils with routine financial operations. For state specific questions, DD Councils may need to contact their DSA for additional information. For questions and additional information please contact NACDD/ITACC TA staff to assist.
- AIDD-IM-19-01: Administrative Requirements of Federal Grant Funds pertaining to Obligation, Liquidation, and Date of Completion
- AIDD-PI-19-01: Liquidation waiver process, eligibility, and instructions for unliquidated obligations at the end of the liquidation period for State Councils on Developmental Disabilities (DD Councils or SCDD) and Protection & Advocacy (P&A) grant awards
- FAQs Obligation Liquidation
- AIDD Information Memorandum, Formula Grants Issued July 28, 2015 – The existing formula for the Councils and P&As in Section 1385.8 of the new DD Act rule has been removed from the regulation. This document explains that for FY 2016, AIDD will use the existing formula to determine awards based on Congressional appropriations in accordance with the DD Act.
2018 Technical Assistance Institute (TAI) Enhancing Council Program Opportunities and Improving Fiscal Accountability
- Opening Plenary – Utilizing ACL Resources to support DD Council Programs
Full slide version
- Everything Counts: Cost principles, administrative and state plan costs AND Recipient share and Match: Requirements, Calculations, and Documentation
Full slide view
- Monitoring the Council’s Investments
Full slide version
- The Council and DSA Partnership, Enhancing Communication to Ensure Fiscal Accountability
Full slide version
- “Furthering Your Understanding of the Notice of Award”. This information was provided by the ACL Office of Grants Management and includes information on period of performance, liquidation period, and recipient share and match. Webinar recording
- Period of Performance and Liquidation Dates Chart FY 15-18. This chart was provided by the ACL Office of Grants Management staff and provides details on obligation/liquidation timelines for each federal grant award from FY 2015 through FY 2018.
- HHS Grants Policy Statement. This document is referenced in the Council Notice of Award. Part II contains additional terms and conditions that are applicable to the Council award.
- ACL Federal Financial Reports (SF-425) and Match Requirements for DD Councils. This information was developed by the ACL Office of Grants Management and includes guidance to complete the SF-425’s, match requirements for DD Councils, and obligation and liquidation information. Webinar recording>
- ACL-AIDD Memo on Negotiating Indirect Cost Rate with College/University Sub-grantees. View memo>
- Final Formula
- AIDD Memo on Financial Status Reports, December 3, 2015 (SF-425)– In the past, Councils were required to submit the ADD-02b form in OLDC. The clearance for this form has now expired and this form will no longer need to be completed. Councils will now be required to submit the SF-425 financial status form only.
- PDF Version of the SF-425 – this version of the form can be filled in by the user.
- Reimbursement of Expenses for Functions of the Designated State Agency (DSA) -This document was created by ITACC to provide general and DD Act specific guidance to DD Councils for the reimbursement of expenses for functions of the DSA.
- State Allocation Tables for DD Councils – The Administration for Community Living (ACL) provides current, past and projected allotment amounts for each state’s Federal grant funds provided under the DD Act.
- Financial Guide for DD Councils, revised 2018 – This updated resource is intended to serve as a reference tool and guide for fiscal managers, executive directors and others responsible for the administration and financial management of federal allotments to State Councils on Developmental Disabilities. Sections of the guide include: Grant Information; Fiscal Responsibilities of the DD Council; Federal Financial Forms; Grant Match Requirements; and Special Resources.
- Urban and Rural Poverty Areas, revised 2018 – This document was created by ITACC to provide step-by-step information on how to locate State/County specific information on poverty percentages.
- 45 CFR 1386 – Regulations for Formula Grants Programs for the Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- 45 CFR 75 – Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Health and Human Services (HHS) Awards.
- The Council Budget Process – This Powerpoint presentation provides useful information to assist Council members and staff in understanding the budget process for a DD Council.