What is Linguistic Cultural Competence and What does it Mean for Developmental Disabilities Councils
1. Compare demographic trends in languages spoken in the United States and their respective states and territories.
2. Review a definition and framework for linguistic competence.
3. Differentiate linguistic competence from language access and cultural competence.
4. Identify legal mandates and requirements for language access that affect individuals who experience developmental disabilities and their families.
5. Explore the implications of linguistic competence for Developmental Disabilities Councils.